Welcome to the East Herts Church Choirs (EHCCA) website.
Patron: Rt Revd Dr Alan Smith, Bishop of St Albans. President: Derek Harrison MA FRCO MTC FISM Chaplain: Revd Roger Chapman
Further “About Us” information can be found by scrolling down this page.
The Association is looking forward optimistically and planning some events from October this year (2021). All will be subject to Covid guidelines if they are still in force. See Events page for further details. A part of those details will be lists of relevant rehearsals and music as these are decided.
EHCCA is an ecumenical group of church choirs and interested individuals with the objective of promoting excellence in church music. Singers from our member churches come together for annual services (usually including Good Friday and a Festival Evensong). We are pleased to have members from both the Methodist and Catholic communities. See the Events page for this year’s calendar.
The Association also promotes training and development. In the past, there have been workshops (with services) on
- Singing plainsong particularly in the context of Compline
- The challenge of singing psalms to Anglican Chant
Additional areas that benefit our members are:
- A library of music that is available to borrow (CLICK HERE for details)
- Support for choirs wishing to purchase music
- Details of music held by member choirs which may be borrowed
- Help and advice on matters relating to church choirs, church music, etc.
- Grants to support the training of young choristers and organists are available. These are usually for events, teaching and courses. (Awards have been made in 2019 to three young organ students.)
The activities and objectives of the Association are integrated with and complement those of the local RSCM branch (St Albans, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire):http://www.rscm-stalbans.co.uk/ We are very pleased to have promoted a joint event with the local RSCM in April 2019 – a workshop day on the music of the Taizé and Iona communities.
[This site was revised and redesigned in 2019]