Welcome to the new (2019) East Herts Church Choirs (EHCCA) website.
Patron: Rt Revd Dr Alan Smith, Bishop of St Albans. President: Derek Harrison MA FRCO MTC FISM
EHCCA is an ecumenical group of church choirs and interested individuals with the objective of promoting excellence in church music. Singers from our member churches come together for annual services (usually including Good Friday and a Festival Evensong).
The Association also promotes training and development. In the past, there have been workshops (with services) on
- Singing plainsong particularly in the context of Compline
- The challenge of singing psalms to Anglican Chant
Additional areas that benefit our members are:
- A library of music that is available to borrow
- Support for choirs wishing to purchase music
- Details of music held by member choirs which may be borrowed
- Grants to support the training of young choristers and organists (e.g. for events, teaching and courses)
The activities and objectives of the Association are integrated with and complement those of the local RSCM branch (St Albans, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire):http://www.rscm-stalbans.co.uk/